Note: This entire page is still under development.
"Interactive Notebooks": Everything You Need To Know
The Interactive Notebook is a highly structured record of the most important concepts learned in 8th grade science. Each individual student is responsible for maintaining it in a timely manner; at any point in class we may need it so the student is responsible for either bringing it every day or leaving it in the cupboards in the classroom.
The first page is a Title page with the words "Physical Science by Your Name" with specific words like "Biology, Chemistry, Scientific Method, Physics, Astronomy" written somewhere on the page. This should be colorful and attractive, with images of your choice that relate to the topics.
The second physical page is pair of Table of Contents pages, glued one on each side of the second page.
The third physical page is where we begin numbering. Start number 1 on the lower right, the back is 2, the next page 3 on the lower right, back is 4, so that all right hand pages are ODD and all left hand pages are EVEN.
Activities for Chemistry in May: 1. Write balanced ionic compound formulae at http://www.chemfiles.com/flash/formulas.html Remember: overall positive charges must equal overall negative charges for a neutral, zero charged compound.
2. Using your periodic table, master the 22 question quiz at http://www.sciencegeek.net/Chemistry/taters/Unit3ValenceElectrons.htm
3. Go to http://www.sciencegeek.net/Chemistry/taters/Unit4IonicCompoundFormulas.htm and master the 20 questions on ionic compound formulae.
4. Go to http://funbasedlearning.com/chemistry/chemBalancer/default.htm and complete the entire worksheet that I give you in class. The law of conservation of matter must be upheld! The number of atoms in reactants equals the number of atoms in products!
5. Then do this: http://www.wfu.edu/~ylwong/balanceeq/balanceq.html
6. If you really think you're an expert, try this! Win a MILLION ATOMS! http://www.quia.com/rr/100887.html
Are you looking for the "What's on the Ch. 8 & 9 Test" Videos? They're in Chapter 9 !!!